Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Vatican: It's OK to believe in aliens

Since I signed up to the alias "Molerats" (The name I will continuously refer to myself as) I have been waiting, sniffing about for some ludicrous article, statement, image that would actually be worthy of my first Post. Now when I say "worthy" I mean something that I would find interesting, which is to say something that could possibly only ever be of interest to me, which is to say its probably a load of bollocks.

Don’t ever expect more than that, but rather appreciate that this blog will always be a load of rubbish, and merely the ramblings of a very bored, tired male working in corporate New Zealand, posting during his far too long 1hr lunch break.

Expectations set? (said KFED to his music label). Excellent!!!


"VATICAN CITY - The Vatican's chief astronomer says that believing in aliens does not contradict faith in God.

The Rev. Jose Gabriel Funes, the Jesuit director of the Vatican Observatory, said that the vastness of the universe means it is possible there could be other forms of life outside Earth, even intelligent ones.

In an interview published Tuesday by Vatican newspaper L'Osservatore Romano, Funes said that such a notion "doesn't contradict our faith" because aliens would still be God's creatures.

The interview was headlined "The extraterrestrial is my brother."

Funes said that ruling out the existence of aliens would be like "putting limits" on God's creative freedom. "

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24598508/#storyContinued


Now I love religion, I really do. Big fan, Huge fan even. One thing I wasn’t aware of was that the Vatican had a Chief Astronomer. Which totally makes sense to me now. For century’s people have been posing the question "Where is this God or Jesus hanging out? Why have they been sleeping on the job whilst all these terrible things happen around us".
Well in response to this, you nay sayers, we have an appointed Chief of Astronomy actively looking for them, so give them some time and they’ll find them. Just you wait. Their out there, viewable by telescope.

Really? Is this where the Vatican have found themselves after all this time? Looking through Telescopes? What co-ordinates are they using? Have they been communicating their search patterns with SETI? SETI may have already looked there! We may be double handling our search efforts for JEBUS. I would suggest the Vatican and SETI pull together and discuss operational efficiency issues.

Now I assume that the Chief of Astronomy hasn’t been hired to find God and I’ve just interpreted the article wrongly. Miss Molerat has always told me I have selective hearing.

But this part here, my favourite part is

"ruling out the existence of aliens would be like "putting limits" on God's creative freedom."

I love it!! He couldn’t be more right. How could you ever fault a being who has always had every base covered. Brilliant!!!!. “What? You thought of something that may debunk our theory on X. Well that’s just putting limits of Y’s ability to do any manner of wondrous things.”

I wonder what an extraterrestrials view of God is. Maybe they happened across him on the way to our planet. Maybe they neglected to tell us whist they probed a few unfortunate bystanders? You gotta wonder. They’ve been pretty tight lipped and scarce those fullas of late. They're all in it together if you ask me!!!!

This just in, someone from Hubble found Jesus. As they are the discoverer, they are granted naming rights, and as such decided to name the entity formerly known as "Jesus", "Schnookums" after his 8 month old Fox Terrier.

3 comments:

Mr Pineapples said...

Hey Moggsie

Wise words on P's Blog - thanks ole buddie.

You sound like a Brit...with such wisdom and all.

But this stuff about the Vatican - but disrpesctful there eh?

Come on now.

If they had said "No aliens" - they would be slammed.

Even with "Yep..aliens" - they are slammed

Cant win

Molerats said...

Mr P!!!

Welcome to the brand spanking new Den of Molerat. First to make a post no less as well.

Scouse Father/ Maori Mother......very colonial if you ask me.

The molerat has loads of respect for the Vatican. Their nifty wee hats and robes have intrigued MRat for years. Very intellectual group they are as we all know, and your right....they're skinned if they do, skinned if they don’t.

Surely the P appreciates how the article was fitting to the theme of the blog though.

The MRat has no prejudices so calls it as he sees it.

Mr Pineapples said...

Ahh - P understands.

Your first post was a cracker...keep up the good work.

P forsees visits to your Blog to give you some ironic commentary.

So Maori blood eh? Betcha-like-rugby.

All the best Bud