Monday, June 2, 2008

Global Warming - "Atsa Spiceya meatball!!!"


Where do you start?

First of all I’m no expert on the matter, never will be either. But ill give you my take on it anyway as nobody I know listens to me (I’m looking at you Miss Mole Rat, you know what I’m talking about).

Anyway!

Like many people who take an interest in the subject (in NZ anyway) you were probably watching "The Great Global Warming Swindle" on Prime TV at 8:30. Having slept for 14 hours, post Sake bar disaster, I was almost prepared for the load of bollocks I saw that evening. Now i'm not a Global warming nay sayer, nor am I a believer, but having watched that load of rubbish I quickly came to this conclusion...........Global Warming is like being a Christian, and here’s why.

Religion is a bloody tricky thing to believe in. Why? Because unless you are prepared to put your head in the sand and ignore all the gaping holes in the Bible your going to constantly be picked at by non believers who have loads and loads of curly questions that you can never truly answer, for no other reason than there just isn’t any proof, rhyme or reason!

After a discussion with an incredibly religious girl, (who had an anus for a vagina funnily enough) she said something that I found quite profound. She said.....
"If i’m right, then I will get what’s coming to me when my day comes, if i’m wrong then at least I lived my life as a good person and did right by others".

So i’m applying that logic to my outlook on Global warming, forget all the arguments, whether it’s caused by humans or part of the planets cycle it doesn’t matter. Just do my part and make it that little bit easier for the planet to do its thing. No need making it harder and if Global warming is a reality then hopefully we have done enough to minimise the catastrophic events that may/may not unfold. If we are wrong then what harm have we done? A small risk is still a risk and surely it is always better to err on the side of caution.

Of course, there is China rooting the whole thing anyway but ignore that part! Just buy the damn energy saving light bulbs and recycle sometimes damnit!

No comments: